Spinach fritters, popularly known as palak pakoda is one of the most tempting North Indian snacks. Not just Indians, but people from all over the world love this snack, not just for its taste quotient, but also for its health quotient.
• Rice flour – 2 1/2 tbsps
• Chopped spinach leaves – 3 cups
• Chopped green chilies – 2 or 3
• Chick pea flour or besan – 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups
• Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
• Water as required
• Chopped mint leaves – 10 to 12
• Hot oil – 2 tbsps
• Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
• Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
• Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Combine all the ingredients to form a batter.
• Add salt and hot oil (around 2 tablespoon).
• Now, add little water and mix everything.
• Heat oil in a pan and on medium flame; add the batter in the pan to form of fritters.
• Fry these pakodas or fritters until they get golden brown in color.
The spinach fritters are now ready to eat. Serve them with a chutney or masala chai.
Note: the batter should be thick enough to coat the spinach leaves evenly. It should not be a flowing batter.