Masala tea or masala chai is known as a flavored aromatic beverage that originated in India. Different Indian spices and herbs, like green cardamom, ginger, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns, fennel seed, star anise, coriander seeds and cloves are used in the preparation of this aromatic tea.
Tea lovers love the taste and aroma of this tea. Thus, a number of restaurants serve this tea to their guests.
But, why to go to a restaurant when you can make this tea at your home, very easily?
Try making this tea at home with the following ingredients:
- Smashed ginger – ½ inch piece
- Sea salt – a pinch
- Milk – 1 cup
- Coconut milk – 3 Tablespoons or coconut cream – 1 Tablespoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 4 teaspoons
- Masala Chai Tea Mix – 5 teaspoons
- Take a saucepan and pour water, ginger, coconut milk or cream, milk.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Now, add the masala chai mix (recipe at https://redsaltmulticuisine.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/quick-homemade-chai-tea-mix-for-all-homemakers-or-working-ladies/) salt and sugar.
- On medium-low heat, let the tea boil for about 5 minutes.
- Put the flame off and strain the tea using a sieve.
Serve into your favorite mug..!