Ragda patties is a popular street food popular in Mumbai city of Maharashtra. Actually, not just Mumbai, this dish is famous all over India. The Ragda here means a yellow pea stew, while the patties actually potato cutlets.
If you visit Mumbai, do not forget to taste this bomb of flavors.
It is served on stalls and restaurants with onions, tamarind chutney or coriander chutney.
In short, it is simply tempting and mouth-watering. So, if you are one of the street food lovers, then try this recipe tonight for your family.
- Rice flour/cornflour – 5 tbsp
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Boiled potatoes – 10 (medium size)
- Ragda – 5 cup
- Chat masala
- Coriander leaves
- Sweet and sour chutney
- Chopped onion
- Amchur powder
- To make ragda, you have to soak the peas overnight.
- Next morning, discard the water and boil the peas in a pressure cooker.
- Mash it, if you want. Otherwise leave it like that.
- Now, add asofoetida, cumin powder, coriander seed powder, salt, chat masala, turmeric and amchur powder.
Now, when ragda is ready, boil the potatoes, prepare the chutney and keep them aside.
For Ragda Patties
- Mash the potatoes with salt, coriander leaves and cornflour.
- Now, make tikis or cutlets or patties out of it.
- Shallow fry the patties until crispy.
- Take the serving plate and put two patties over it.
- Now put some ragda over it. The ragda must cover thee patties.
- Sprinkle some sev, add sweet and spicy chutney
- Add yogurt
- Sprinkle chat masala, chopped onion, amchur powder and coriander leaves.
The ragda patties is now ready to eat.