This new year, try Singapore noodles recipe at home. Singapore noodles are basically rice vermicelli or rice noodles that are stir-fried. These noodles are seasoned with soy sauce, curry powder, bok choi, bell peppers and bean sprouts. Thus, it is a vegetarian dish. But, if you are non-vegetarian, you can add some pieces of char siu pork, chicken, prawns or beef.
The vegetarian flavor of dish is simply amazing. You’ll forget eating non-vegetarian after having this..
So, gather these ingredients and start preparing the dish:
For Stir Fry
- Bean sprouts – 1 cup
- Sliced mushrooms – 1 cup
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Peas- 1 cup
- Sliced scallions
- Sliced shallots – 2
- Rice noodles – 4 ounces
- Sliced bell peppers – 2
- Curry powder – 1 teaspoon
- Minced garlic – 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable broth – 1 cup
- Minced ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Mirin (optional) – 3 tablespoons
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Soak the noodles in cold water.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Now, place a pan on high flame and put some oil in it.
- Add bean sprouts, shallots, curry powder, peas, peppers and mushrooms. Keep stirring until crisp.
- Now, add the noodles into the pan. Make sure that the water is drained perfectly.
- Add little amount of sauce in the pan and keep stirring. The noodles should not stick to each other.
- Turn off the flame.
- Now, add the sauce in small amounts and as you add sauce, keep stirring. The more saucy noodles you want, the more sauce you can add.
The noodles are ready. Serve them with scallions