December 22 is recognized as the National Date Nut Bread Day. However, some sources believe that it is celebrated on September 8. Happiness needs no date to celebrate it. So, celebrate the day with date nut bread recipe at home today.
If you are looking for some Christmas recipes, then this cake or bread is an ideal option to serve to your guests.
So, here are the ingredients:
- Melted butter – 4 Tablespoons
- Dates – 4 oz.
- Chopped walnut – ½ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Dark brown sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- All purpose flour- 1⅓ cups
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- First of all, keep your oven to pre heat up to 325 degrees.
- Take 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and spray nonstick cooking spray on it.
- Blend and mix dates and water to make it smooth.
- Add egg, sugar, butter, baking powder, vanilla, flour and salt in the date mixture and blend them all.
- Add walnuts.
- Now, pour this batter into the loaf pan.
- For about 60 to 70 minutes, bake it at 325 degrees.
- Now, remove the pan and cover it with foil. The foil must not touch the top of the loaf.
- Let it cool for 1 hour.
Now the date nut cake is ready to slice. Cut out slices and serve to your guests…!!
Note: to check whether the cake/bread is properly baked or not, insert a skewer, if some bread crumbs come attached in it, then it is baked.