Shortbread cookies are a perfect treat for your guests, this Christmas. They originally belong to Scotland and greatly relates to Christmas and Hogmanay festivities in Scotland.
These cookies are so soft and crunchy that they instantly melt in mouth. The Indian version of shortbread is popularly known as ‘Nan Khatai’.
To make this at home, you must have the following ingredients:
- Butter – 1 cup
- All-purpose flour – 1 1⁄2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1⁄2 cup
- Corn starch – 1⁄4 cup
- First of all, preheat your oven to 190 degree C or 375 degree F
- Whip the butter until it gets fluffy.
- Stir in cornstarch, sugar and flour and beat them for about 1 minute (on low) and then for 3 to 4 minutes (on high).
- Now take an ungreased cookie sheet and place spoonfuls of cookies over it at a little distance apart.
- Bake the cookies for nearly 12-15 minutes.
- After they get baked, just let them cool and serve to your family and guests.
Note: do not let the edges brown too much.