Known as a tea time snack, this Vettu Cake is served with a cup of tea. This is one of the recipes or dishes that not much people are aware about. But, seriously this is one thing that every person must try atleast once.
This cake is cut from the centre that is why it is termed as Vettu cake. Vettu means ‘cut’ in Malayalam language.
To make this cake at home, you need the following ingredients:
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- Oil for frying
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Maida
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- Mix cardamom powder, flour baking powder and rava
- Beat eggs in another bowl. Add powdered sugar and flour mixture to make a dough.
- Keep it aside for 40 minutes.
- Heat oil.
- Shape the dough in a rectangular log and cut into 1, ½ inch pieces.
- Make a slight cut in the top of the dough.
- Fry till golden brown
Serve with masala tea or plain tea..!!
Call Today at 085275 99527 To Know the Best Deal available on Cuisine
drop us a mail at RedSaltMultiCuisine@gmail.com for Today’s Special..
Follow us on: